In a world of relativity, uncertainty, and Google-mining, one thing is certain: knowing when, for sure! you found a fair and reasonably priced wall bed/Murphy bed is a daunting task! So let us look at some things that play a role in pricing and see if there is a wallbed priced just for you! By the way, we all want to save money, make a “deal,” and find a “special offer.” It makes us feel good and in control, even if it’s only a dollar. Admit it!
If you found this blog, I KNOW you’ve been mining the vast internet for fair and reasonable wallbed prices. But you have STOP and ask yourself several questions first.
What should your wall bed look like?
- Like an heirloom furniture? Luxury Lamb
- A Shaker style? Pinterest
- Scandinavian Contemporary? Apartment Therapy
- Should it be made of plywood? Wood Magazine
- Paint grade? Painted finish, or stained? Wood veneer or laminate?
- Particle board? Don’t turn up your nose. The industrial grades (NOT MDF) today are super strong, certified Green Products, and preferred by the most reputable furniture manufacturers. Material Info
- And what kind of surface will your wall bed have: smooth or grained melamine or super modern glossy? IKEA
Now sit down and-
- establish a budget: $0 – $1,000,000
- choose a basic style: Horizontal, Vertical or Library
- pick your size: Twin, Full or Queen
- decide which material: Veneer, Laminate or paint/ stain
- add sales tax (Plug in your address here to determine your tax rate. It is based on where the wallbed is INSTALLED not where it is sold!) Washington State Tax Lookup
- do you have to add freight?
- delivery charges?
- installation charges?
Once you have answers to these questions you are ready to buy that fair and reasonably priced wall bed/Murphy bed!
“But,” you say, “what I want costs this much on this Site A and that much on Site B!” See, I took you on a global trip and showed you what is out there. Remember “think global, shop local”? Come in and talk with us; we will walk you through the process to a fair and reasonably priced wall bed just like we have done at numerous Costco Special Event Shows in the greater Seattle area. The Great American Wallbed Co.